1. Write an “About us” post on your blog and talk about your team, work, and values.
2. Imagine your target audience.
3. Personify your target audience. His name is Tom. He is 30. He has an expensive red car (he likes to attract attention). He is the head of the procurement department in a big company. Your task is to sell him construction equipment. Keep this portrait in your head when crafting content.
4. Think about what you could tell Tom. Grab the ideas and turn them into headlines for your future posts.
5. Done? You have just started developing a content strategy.
6. Always enlarge your content strategy. You must have a stock of themes for at least next two weeks.
7. Practice writing catchy headlines and begin your articles with the very essence of the topic.
8. Not able to catch your audience’s interest in first two seconds? Read the previous point and follow it as often as you can.
9. Don’t publish a single post without images.
10. Use tricks when coding a new post – make important statements stand out by highlighting them or putting into boxes.
11. Talk to your customers in person. You’ll understand their pain points.
12. Make special offers for customers.
13. Think of new special offers once a month.
14. Make a topical video and post in on YouTube.
15. Track your brand’s mentions everyday.
16. If you haven’t done so yet, integrate your website with Google Analytics.
17. Craft the “Our company in faces” page.
18. Think of the concept of portfolio page. Form it step by step.
19. Create public pages on social media. Use them everyday: post articles and announcements, photos, curate content, and so on.
20. When launching a PPC campaign, remember that its success depends on your website.
21. Create one landing page for each specific product.
22. Try to make this landing page look similar to an infographic.
23. On this landing page, edit any sentences longer than six words.
24. Leverage the power of A/B-testing to increase a landing page’s conversion rate.
25. If there is something you can learn from your competitors, then use this opportunity. Spy on their online presence
26. Don’t give up after three months of work which didn’t bring you the desired result – it takes time.
27. Remember: no one can guarantee you a success. One can succeed only by working hard.